Monday, March 5, 2012

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall

Saturday started out very well. Josh left around 9am to go help Uncle Jon hang doors in his basement. Clark woke up late so we hung out together then packed his bags and drove over to Mimi's house. Uncle Caleb said he would watch Clark while Mimi, Aunt Kim, and I went to a craft show. When we got to Mimi's, Clark was ready for his morning nap. So I plopped him in the middle of Aunt Rin's bed while I got his sound machine going, blanket and lovey setup, etc. And things took a turn for the worst.....All the sudden I heard a loud thud! Clark had fallen off the bed!!! He wailed and wailed and I felt absolutely terrible!!! I cried along with him!! His nose was all brush-burned so he must have fallen face first. I was panicked!! Head first?! I held him for awhile, he calmed down, but would start crying every so often. He was moving his limbs okay and he didn't vomit so I figured he was okay. I brought him downstairs to try and clear his head. He was smiling at Aunt Kim and Uncle Caleb so that was a good sign too. So I grabbed his bottle and headed back upstairs to put him down for his nap. He went right to sleep as usual so that was another good sign! Here are some pictures of his scabs (this reminds me of when Kelsey had a scab on her nose that one summer :)


*I realize he was sitting on a bed for these pictures...did I learn my lesson?!?!  Don't worry, I spotted him the whole time :)

On the way to the craft show, we were driving along rt. 23 and all the sudden the two cars in front of us stopped. We could see a park ranger holding out his hand, indicating that we should stop. Then he turned and started firing a handgun! Then we noticed poor Bambi struggling along the side of the road!!! Needless to say we were stunned!!! Bambi was just as stunned because he (I think he was actually a she) was flailing every which way and it was just a sad situation. Then the park ranger turned and indicated that we could drive by. We noticed Bambi was just sitting there watching us drive by! She was alive!!! That's when we realized the park ranger was probably shooting sterilizers and not bullets! Well, at least that's what we hope.....

The craft show was great! Aunt Kim bought a mirror and I bought a little pottery garlic holder. Josh picked up Clark around 1:15 and Caleb had fed him lunch and they were playing. Caleb said Clark had slept for an hour and forty minutes! So I figured he was feeling better. I forgot to warn Josh about Clark's face though....he was very taken aback!!! Oops..I think I lost the "mother of the year" award over that one....:)

By Saturday night Clark was coughing a ton and feverish.  We gave him Tylenol before bed but he coughed and talked for an hour!  Soon he was crying pathetically so I got him up, wiped his nose, and he sat on the couch with Daddy for about ten minutes.  Then he was bored, reaching for things, whining, etc.  So we thought, okay he's tired again :)  I gave him his bottle and rocked him a bit then put him down and he went to sleep.  Sometimes when we give him Tylenol it wakes him up instead of making him sleepy.  It's the oddest thing.

Clark skipped church on Sunday because he had such a bad night.  He woke up coughing multiple times and by morning it felt like none of us had slept.  Josh went to first service Sunday school then he came home and I went to second service.  We took naps in the afternoon and by supper Clark was coughing again.  As it turns out Croup makes them cough at night so I wonder if he has that.  Sunday night he coughed a lot at bedtime and woke up multiple times at night again, coughing.  But it was a bit better than Saturday night, and he didn't have a fever.  We used Vicks Vapor Rub on him before bed so that probably helped too.  He woke up bright and early at 7am even though he hadn't actually fallen asleep until 7:30 or 8pm last night.  Well he had woken up to fill his diaper!!! :)  Needless to say he went down for a nap by 8:45am because he was still tired.  And that's where we're at right now!  I hope you all had a great weekend!

Here's an old video of Clark playing in his closet:

And here's one of him dancing to music with his toy :)  You have to watch closely...he is a subtle dancer:

3 comments:

Carly (Calla, Kelsey & Jay's Mom) said...

Poor Clark!! I'm sorry about his nose! I can't believe he wanted off the bed. Oops! By the way, Tylenol used to keep Calla up too. Maybe it's the red foOd coloring in it. And Kelsey got croup one time. Croup is very easy to recognize because they sound like a seal when they cough. I used to turn the shower on hot and steam up the bathroom and sit with her for 20 or so minutes because that helps with the coughing. Just a tip! Make sure you give us an update. I hope his night is better tonight! Love u both

Katelyn and David said...

Haley has been coughing a lot and the doctor said it was allergies. We give her a half teaspoon of liquid allergy medicine every night before bed, it kind of helps I think. His nose doesn't look that bad, he must really be scooting around to have gotten off the bed!

Diane said...

The deer was not shot with a sterilizer; but rather, a TRANQUILIZER. Were you homeschooled or something?? Oh my,
LOVE, mimi