Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Clark has a nightmare

This morning Clark was pushing his toy train around on the hardwood--like a toddler! Sometimes he would even push it and let go, watch it glide away, then scoot after it! My baby is growing up :)

Reversing back to yesterday...Clark and I enjoyed lunch at Grandma and Grandpa's house! It was so nice to see them! They are taking a trip down south next Tuesday; we will miss them! After lunch Clark went down for his nap. After he woke up we took a drive around Elverson, Pottstown, and even got over to Spring City. Josh and I are casually looking to move (like so casual we haven't even contacted our realtor yet). So I have been looking up potential houses online then doing drive-bys with Clark. It's fun! We were able to knock a few off our list after today. Actually, almost all of them.

Anyway we ended up at home where Clark rested in his crib for about 15 minutes then we went over to Mimi and Pops' house for dinner! Josh went to a Flyers game with his friend Ryan right after work. Mimi graciously said we could come for dinner after I blatantly invited myself. Hahaha, no really, I did. We had a great time!

After we got home Clark went right to sleep, like in 30 seconds flat. Then I was watching TV and waiting for Josh to get home. Around 10:45pm, Clark coughed about ten times then started screaming!!! Like really intense. So I quickly went in there, popped his paci, and scooped him up. He was rigid, eyes closed, screaming. Paci did nothing...in fact it just fell right out of his mouth. Then I forced it onto his tongue so he knew it was there, he grabbed it with his chubby little hand and threw it across the room! Oh my. He cried like that for fifteen minutes, he was so out of it. I tried rocking him, singing, showing him the TV, praying aloud. Finally I thought to feed him so I brought him downstairs and heated up his bottle. At this point I think he finally really woke up and knew who I was. He drank his bottle (there were only two ounces left) then I gave him his paci, prayed, sang his lullaby and by that time he was screaming again! I didn't know what to do. He wasn't hot, so I knew he didn't have a fever....After ten more minutes I thought to make him another bottle. So we went downstairs, Clark calmed down, came back up to his room, gave him the other bottle. He drank about two more ounces, took the paci right away and I rocked him a bit. Then he finally went down. The total time elapsed was 45 minutes but it felt like hours!!! Brutal! Josh got home around midnight and I told him the story. He helped me calm down and said everything was going to be alright. I seriously would never make it as a single mom!! Josh is my rock!! The only thing we could come up with was that he had a nightmare. Although he's not supposed to get those until he's 12-18 months old. Anyway the Lord took care of us and this morning Clark woke up perfectly normal.

No comments: