Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Recent Happenings
This weekend was very fun! Josh had a "summer Friday" so the pictures above are of him hanging out with Clark that day. Clark slept very well all weekend--two nights he slept for nine hours in a row! I have been feeling very rested. Saturday was my cousin Cindy's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and God arranged Clark's schedule so that I could enjoy the entire ceremony! Josh put Clark to sleep in the nursery and stayed in there with him during the ceremony. I fed him afterwards then we headed over to the reception. It was in a barn at a farm in Morgantown so we decided to see how long Clark would last. He did really well and almost fell asleep when we first arrived. Then as soon as the toasts started he began fussing so I took him outside. Then a couple ladies wanted to hold him and I held my breath thinking he would scream but he was great! He fell asleep with one of the ladies and then with my Mom, then when my Dad had him he was doing well until someone came up and said hi, at which point he lost all control. hahaha what a stinker!! At that point Josh and I were done eating, we knew the dancing would be starting soon and since our table was in a corner we didn't want to have to tramp across the dance floor to leave, making a scene. So we just left around 8pm. All in all I think it went really well! Here are some pictures from right after the ceremony:
Apparently Clark was distracted by the floor?? Hahah
On Sunday morning Clark went into the church nursery for the very first time!! :) Aunt Kim and Uncle Jon were volunteering in there so we thought it was a perfect opportunity to drop him off! And Uncle Jon held him the whole time, coaxing him to sleep! Yay! Thank you Uncle Jon!!
Sunday afternoon I went to a wedding shower and because Clark was acting up I decided to just take him along. Aunt Kim and Aunt Rin were there so they held Clark so I could eat and participate in the games. :) It was a fun shower! We are looking forward to the wedding in September.
Sunday night Corinne was giving her presentation about Uganda so we decided to go to the service. Because nursery went so well in the morning (and quite frankly there was only one other kid in Clark's "class") I decided to put him in nursery again. Aunt Verna was in there and she was excited to hold Clark. :) Well I did hear him crying some during the service but when I went to pick him up Aunt Verna said he did very well! She had his sound machine going and told me she really wishes she had had a sound machine for her kids! It is amazing how he can go from screaming his head off to "meek and mild" with that thing roaring in his ear! haha
Monday was another fun day! Clark and I helped (well let's be honest, I think I husked about ten ears total...) Mimi freeze corn! We arrived a little late in the morning because Clark took a nice nap. Rin and Kim were there too so that was fun! After we were finished we had lunch then spent the afternoon at the pool. Clark took naps in Mimi's crib, and played in her bouncer. Overall he did pretty well. When I brought him home he didn't want to nap anymore so by the time we put him to bed he had been awake for four hours!! He was not very pleasant to be around.
Last night he reverted back to his old ways. I put him down around 8:45PM, he woke up at 2 then again at 5:45 then 8:30. For his age it was a good night, but since he has been sleeping unusually well I feel tired this morning. Today we are planning on visiting my old work and picking up some of my "personal effects." haha And of course it will be great for my old co-workers to meet Clark! It should be fun.
We hope you are all doing well!! We are excited for Carly and Jonathan, Calla and Kelsey as they await the arrival of baby Brust on Friday!! Clark is pulling for a boy cousin...but boy OR girl we are praying for a healthy little one! Good luck with the induction Aunt Carly!! We're praying!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment