Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Clark's first earthquake!!!

Clark and I took a walk on Monday in his "big boy" stroller!  He prefers it over his infant seat carrier. 

Stunned after the earthquake!

 Smiling and chatting about the earthquake at Grandma and Grandpa's house!

Tuesday was a fun, busy day for Clark and I!  We both took a nap in the morning, then Clark napped again while I showered and tidied up a bit.  Around 1:30pm we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's house!!  He was about ready for another nap when we got there.  We all ate lunch together then Clark started getting fussy so I swaddled him and tried putting him down.  Well as soon as he was swaddled with his paci he started smiling and cooing!  So Grandma held him while I finished my lunch.  He started crying, then Grandma took him in the family room to rock him.  I was finishing lunch in the kitchen and Grandpa had just gotten a phone call so he stepped into the dining room.  Then all the sudden the house was shaking!!  We experienced about a 20-30 second earthquake!!  Grandma said she missed it because she was rocking anyway plus Clark was crying in her ears--it already feels like the room is shaking when Clark is crying! haha!  Anyway apparently the quake's center was in Virginia and it was a category 5.8.  The National Cathedral in Washington D.C. had some damage.  There are some new cracks in the Washington Monument.  And other than that it basically just shattered windows, rolled furniture around and rattled food off grocery shelves.  More exciting than scary! :)  Although I'm sure it was scary in N.Y.C.  There were many interviews of people who thought another plane was hitting a building nearby.  So I recorded it in Clark's baby book: first earthquake. :)  Hopefully his last.

Anyway after the earthquake I went grocery shopping while Grandma and Grandpa watched Clark.  They had a glowing report when I came back saying he slept for a while!  I fed him when I got back then we loaded up and headed home for more naps.  Clark took a nice long nap in the afternoon (like an hour!) so I got some laundry and cleaning done.

Josh came home around 6:15pm then we ate dinner and headed out the door for small group.  I brought a formula bottle for Clark because I hate "missing things" by having to nurse him in a private room.  He took a measly nap while we were there (we spent about twenty minutes trying to put him to sleep and he woke up fifteen minutes later! sheesh!).  So I just fed him and held him the rest of the time.  We stayed unusually long because Clark was doing so well.  We ended up getting home at 9:20pm!  Needless to say Clark was super tired so we skipped his bath.  I swaddled him up, popped his paci and he started fussing pretty bad so I picked him up.  All the sudden he was gagging like crazy and I panicked so I held him in his stomach and patted his back.  He proceeded to projectile vomit all over our sheets--like tons of vomit!  I felt so bad for him!  I think what happened was the lights were so dim that when I picked him up and popped his paci I didn't notice that the paci was gagging him.  :(  Anyway Josh changed the sheets while I consoled Clark.  He settled down then I put him down and he fell asleep in record time.  Poor thing!!  I still feel guilty about it.

No comments: