On Wednesday Clark had a napping marathon! He napped for two hours in the morning then another hour in the afternoon! It was great! We went over to the church in the afternoon to meet with Mrs. Tuttle about playing for the Summerfield Tea in October. Mrs. Tuttle is volunteering in the church office on Wednesday afternoons, which is why we met there. Well Clark did very well for the first fifteen minutes. I had him in the bjorn and he was just staring and drooling until he decided he'd had enough. He started complaining then eventually was crying. I swaddled him, then Mrs. Tuttle asked to hold him, and he calmed down for about five minutes then he started reeaallly crying. This attracted other office staff including Mrs. Eberly who wanted to hold him (I can't believe how "baby people" just love holding babies whether they are crying or not!!) so she took him around the church while Mrs. Tuttle and I finished our meeting. It was sooo nice of her to do that!! When she brought him back he was almost asleep so when I tucked him in into his infant seat he drifted off completely.
Josh was late coming home from work so Clark and I had a little longer afternoon together. Once Josh got home we had a quick dinner then gave Clark a bath and tucked him into bed. It took about fifteen minutes for him to fall asleep, but that's pretty typical at bedtime. We just sit next to his packnplay (where he can't see us) and pop his paci if it falls out (or he spits it out, then decides he wants it back). We're hoping that not holding him to sleep is helping him learn to fall asleep by himself. Of course there are times when I WANT to hold him, and in that case I do because I know he's only getting bigger everyday! but for the most part we don't hold him. Same goes for naps. When I hold him it's for about five minutes or however long it takes for his eyes to close and his body to totally relax. Then when I put him down he falls asleep within seconds...OR he wakes up and starts fussing again...which usually means he wasn't totally relaxed yet. :)
Thursday morning we woke up to loooouuud thunderstorms!! At one point Josh and I were awake chatting and the thunder was so loud that we both jumped a foot!! We looked over at Clark and he had slept through it! Whew! :) Josh decided to work from home, which is always a treat for me and Clark. Even though he didn't interact with us much except at lunch time, it's nice to have him around. Clark took another two hour nap in the morning (yay!!! hoping this is a pattern..) then after lunch Mimi stopped by to say hi. Clark showed her some new tricks like 1) not crying while she smiles at him; 2) grabbing his toys and shaking them around and 3) sitting in his bumbo! I put him down for an afternoon nap while she was here. After he woke up, I packed him into the car and we headed up to Amy's house. It was so great to see all the kiddos and Amy!! :) Clark's cousins are so sweet with him. Mackenzie (the oldest) especially is just so dear! She talks to him and touches his hands so tenderly. It's really adorable!! Clark took a nice nap in Molly's crib during dinner. Then we stayed for about an hour after he woke up before leaving around 7:15pm. Before we left, Pop-pop came by and dropped off an exersaucer that Mom-mom had. Amy propped Clark in it and he loooved it!!! He was sucking on the toys and never once did he cry! Molly was next to him in the jumper and she would squeal at him and he would squeal back!! It was sooo cute!! Anyway I have some pictures of it below:
We had a great time and we're looking forward to having the Roesler's over sometime in return! It was sad that Josh couldn't be there. He ended up working until close to 8pm. :( When Clark and I got home Josh helped me bathe him then we tucked him into bed. Well he took forever to fall asleep!! At one point I heard a little laugh, looked over at the packnplay and his arms were out of his swaddle and he was laughing!! I swear there was an angel there making faces at him or something! :) Here is the video of it:
Anyway he eventually fell asleep after about thirty minutes. Josh and I took turns sitting with him. And that's all for today! Here is a picture of Clark sleeping in nursery a couple Sundays ago. Aunt Kim was with him!





3 comments:
Sounds like you need to get an exersaucer, or was that one for you? Also, post some pictures of Clark in the bumbo, I want to see!!
We got to keep that one! I will have to get a picture of Clark in the bumbo..it's so funny :)
Love the laughing video.
Post a Comment