Monday, August 22, 2011

Some commentary

We had a busy weekend but it was so fun! Saturday we went to Josh Yorgey's 2nd birthday party! It was so great to be there and Clark did very well overall. It was fun to see Jo Yorgey's twins in person, it was fun to have alll those kids together. The pictures below of all the kids on the couch just make me laugh! The kids (the babies) all took turns crying for the pictures, it was so funny how some would stop then others would start up. As you can see Clark did his fair share of complaining too! Abby does such a great job with the parties. She had a fun game of multiple choice about Josh, then he opened presents, she had a delicious spread of food too. I don't know how she does it with two young kids! We had such a fun time, it was sad to leave.

Saturday night Josh prepared his Sunday school lesson and I had a night out at Kim's house with some other people. She had planned a game night and it was so fun to get out. Clark did very well at home with Daddy. He had a little trouble falling asleep but once he was asleep he didn't make a peep. Good boy! :). I ended up leaving Kim's house at midnight!

Sunday we woke up with severe thunderstorms. Josh went to church early to set up for Sunday school and Clark and I followed as soon as his morning nap was done. Because of the thunderstorms I was nervous about getting Clark into the church. I pulled up to the culdesac and an usher came out with an umbrella for me and Clark, then he took my keys and parked the car! What service! It was so nice. I dropped Clark off at the nursery where Mrs. Frey and Mrs. Baskin were waiting to hold him! It's so nice to see familiar faces in the nursery when I drop him off. I left a bottle there too. Josh did a wonderful job teaching. He spoke about the life of the founder of Westminster Seminary--J. Gresham Machen. It was very interesting and sparked some great conversation about the humanity and deity of Christ at the end of the class. I checked on Clark before going into the service and he was snoozing away. Mrs. Egolf was with him during second service and she said he devoured his bottle then slept the rest of the time! Hehe what an angel haha. Sunday afternoon we took naps and marveled at the thunderstorms. The weather cleared up in time for evening church. Clark did not do so well in nursery at night, poor Mrs. Kenney. He cried most of the hour that he was in there. At the end I came in and fed him. He was doing his "I'm feeling insecure and tired" cry when I got there. I had left a bottle with him and he had drank about an ounce. But I just nursed him because he was sad.

Today Clark and I slept in then had lunch with Kim. It was great weather today so we ended up going for a walk this afternoon. Clark had a tough time falling asleep for naps and at bedtime. Not sure what that was about...hopefully tomorrow will be different. Anyway that's all for now!!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Glad you had fun at the party!!! It was so fun to see you guys there! :)