Yesterday Clark decided to officially begin walking!! We couldn't be happier!! His Early Intervention evaluation was scheduled for December 20th, so we are excited to cancel that appointment. I can't believe it took him this long, but I am grateful to God for teaching me to trust him through this. Over the past couple days, he had started walking along the wall, taking four or five steps in a row here and there, but yesterday morning there was a definite turning point. He began walking across entire rooms! He began standing up from a sitting position and walking after not holding onto anything. A big difference! We are so happy!
He is also getting two molars on the bottom this week. We are weaning him off his paci during the daytime and leaving it in his crib for naps and bedtime. So far it's going well. However, I do feel bad withholding his paci during teething since he's grumpy and just wants to chew on something! He'll use his fingers or his baby forks and spoons. Also I do have a couple teethers from when he was a baby--and supposed to be using them! Haha his teeth are super late in coming in.
I'll end with this video of him walking!
5 comments:
Clark is probably wondering what the big deal is. We all know that he has been walking for months - he just makes sure you aren't looking at him at the time! Go Clark! Love, Mimi
Haley is getting teeth right now too! Why is it super late? Aren't they called 2-year molars or is that something else?
He's working on his first molars right now, when he should be getting his canines. :) His two-year-molars are nowhere in sight, which is okay. I just assume he's still behind, although when I looked up the chart he was still within range! Here's the chart I found:
http://www.mouthhealthy.org/az-topics/e/eruption-charts.aspx
Hooray for Clark! I love it when they start walking. So clumsy and adorable all at the same time. I can't imagine how relieved you are! Hope you guys enjoy this new stage of independence! :D
Haley is just now getting her canines. I'm pretty sure she has all the rest so she is really out of order!
Post a Comment