He's ONE!!! We are so excited that the big milestone has arrived. We had a wonderful birthday party for Clark today, on his birthday. He was in good spirits through the whole thing!
Everyone arrived around 11am. Josh and I were just getting all the food situated on the table, buffet style. When (almost) everyone had arrived, Josh said a beautiful prayer and we opened up the buffet. The menu was sloppy Joe sandwiches with chips, fruit salad, and macaroni and cheese. Mimi made iced tea for us all and Mom-mom and Pop-pop brought sodas. Thank you all!! We opened up the patio door and people ate inside or out. Pops set up croquet and the kids enjoyed playing that. Guests also played a guessing game that I had made as well. (You know, the put-the-pictures-in-month-order game.)
After about thirty minutes or so, Josh called everyone inside and we opened up Clark's presents with him. He was very cute perched on a chair with me. :) I tried to speed things along by helping him unwrap. He was delighted with all his gifts--thank you!!!!
When all the presents were opened, we announced the winner of the guessing game: Aunt Kim!! She got to take home a bunch of Clark bars. :) Then we sat Clark in his high chair and sang Happy Birthday to him! I was hoping he wouldn't cry...and he didn't! Whew! He even ate a bunch of birthday cake and icing!
Okay, mostly icing...
After dessert, everyone stuck around for awhile then gradually people left. Thank you all for coming!!!! It was a huge encouragement to Clark, Josh and I!!!





1 comment:
So adorable. :D Time flies! Happy 1st Birthday, Clark!
Post a Comment