Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Update

Hi all!
  Sorry I haven't been updating over the past couple days....Here we go!

Thursday:  We had a slow-paced Thursday napping and hanging out at home.  I got laundry and cleaning done.  Around 2pm, I dropped Clark off at Mimi's and went food shopping.  It was nice of her to watch him on her cleaning day!  When we got home Clark went down for a nap and I made banana and chocolate chip muffins.  In the evening, Grandma and Grandpa came over and watched Clark while Josh and I went on a date!  Grandma even put Clark to bed for us!  It was wonderful to be out together.

Friday:  In the morning I had my friends AmyBeth and Stacey over for a playdate!  I had gotten up early to make a pumpkin casserole.  I also served the banana/chocolate chip muffins from the day before plus limeade and hot tea.  I feel like I'm getting back into the "hosting" role--and enjoying it more now that Clark is older.  We had a wonderful time visiting (Clark even took an hour nap while they were here!) and they stayed until almost noon!  So fun!  Friday night Josh and I went over to Kim & Jon's house for dinner!  It was great to be out!  There were two other couples there as well and it was just so nice to socialize!  Another highlight was seeing the progress Kim and Jon are making with their basement--WOW!!  I can't imagine how much work has gone into that space.  What an accomplishment!  And it looks so beautiful.  I'm so happy for them!!

Saturday:  After Clark's morning nap we packed up and headed over to Mom-mom and Pop-pop's house in Collegeville.  We had a wonderful time visiting with them over lunch!  Aunt Amy and her kiddos came over as well, which was so nice!!  Clark took an afternoon nap while we were there.  He showed off his sitting and squealing skills.  And although we tried very hard to get him to say, "Dadda," he clammed up.  Oh well!  We got home just as it was getting dark so we fed Clark dinner and tucked him in bed.

Sunday:  I played in the church orchestra Sunday morning so Josh got Clark dressed, fed, and to church on time all alone!  I really appreciate that!  And Clark was all put together, bottle ready, when he got to nursery.  When I picked him up after the service the nursery workers said he was "delightful and very entertaining!"  Apparently he was talking the whole time!  Cutie.  I had a lunch meeting about the Women's Retreat so Josh took over again!  He took wonderful care of Clark all afternoon and then I took over when I got home.  We went to prayer meeting in the evening and Josh gave a report about the Uganda team (Pops has been in Uganda since January 7th!).  Clark did very well in nursery but cried the whole way home.  He was so tired!

Monday:  Today I was super bored so I packed up a lunch and we headed over to Mimi's.  We may as well be bored at Mimi's!  Hahaha we weren't. :)  Aunt Kim joined us after lunch and we hung out for awhile.  Clark took a pitiful nap (30 minutes only!!) so after that we went home.  Josh came home around 5pm (YAY!!!) so we had an early dinner (relatively speaking) and lots of playtime with Clark before his nighttime bath.  He was hilarious in the bathtub.  He always is!!  We just love watching him enjoy the water.  He will splash around now and grab toys.  If you tap the surface of the water he will tap back--at the exact same spot!!  Pretty smart. :)

Anyway that's the update!  Here are some pictures:


sorry it's so dark and blurry!!  Clark has started trying to pull himself up in his crib:


random:  this is the picture Josh gave me for Christmas!

2 comments:

Katelyn and David said...

I miss Clark! I didn't know he was saying dadda! I really like the picture you got, it looks great!

Carly (Calla, Kelsey & Jay's Mom) said...

I can't believe Clarkle can pull himself up! Knock him down!! He's growing up too fast! Ha

LOVE LOVE the picture Josh got you! It's beautiful!!!!