Time for an update!!! :)
Tuesday: Grandma came over in the morning and watched Clark while I made a trip up to the insurance agency in Pottstown where I used to work. I picked up a computer because I'm going to be going through the training with them for the new system they're implementing this month and next. They said they will pay for me to be trained in case I want to start working there again. Long story...if you want to hear the whole thing call me sometime! :) Anyway Grandma was very gracious to watch Clark so he didn't have to drive up there with me. I got back around 12:30pm and Clark took his nap shortly after. I organized Clark's clothes while he slept. After he woke up, we popped over to say welcome home to Pops!! He got back from Africa a little after noon and we were so excited to see him!! When we got home Clark took another catnap before dinner. Aunt Kim came over around 6:45pm and watched Clark so Josh and I could go to small group. She even put him to bed for us! Thank you Aunt Kim!!!
Wednesday: I don't remember much from Wednesday except that I took Clark's 8 month pictures that day. And he pooped a LOT that day. Like five poopy diapers. He usually averages one or two a day. Anyway! I had my first young women Bible study in the evening and it went really well! Josh said Clark did not go to bed easily so that was sad. He said he held him for awhile then patted his back (Clark was laying on his side in the crib) until he fell asleep. Poor guy was overtired.
Thursday: In the morning I had training with the insurance agency. I did it remotely (conference call and internet website) and Mom came over to tend to Clark while I was occupied. It was from 8-9:30am so Clark went down for a nap during it! That was the main reason I needed Mom here! Although as it turned out Clark was being really loud before Mom got here and I'm glad she came. The trainer said, "Is that a baby I hear???" :) The rest of the day on Thursday was low-key. Except Clark surprised Josh and I by waving when Josh got home from work!! Those videos are in the last post.
Friday: Despite feeling sick, I hosted a playdate at my house on Friday morning--10am so I didn't have to get up terribly early. :) Clark slept in until 11am. TOTAL FLUKE!!! I have NO IDEA why he slept that long. Super weird. He hasn't done it since!!! He almost missed the entire playdate!!! It was actually really funny. The ONE DAY I would like him to get up early. Oh well! Friday night we had dinner at my Mom's house to celebrate Kimberly's birthday!! Happy 24th Kim!!! It was super fun--and delicious!!! Afterwards I left to play for the Summerfield Hymn Sing with Grandma and Grandpa. Josh took Clark home and tucked him in bed. When I got back from the hymn sing we relaxed in front of the TV for a bit before bed.
Saturday: We woke up to snow on the ground!! So fun!! (Especially when you don't have to go outside! :) We just relaxed alllll day. Josh ventured out into the snow to shop at Lowe's and Walmart. But Clark and I stayed warm and cozy inside. It was great to have a fun family day together.
Sunday: Josh was the projectionist for the church service so he got up early and stayed at church all morning. Clark and I went to the early service. I was nervous to put him in nursery with his cough and runny nose but the nursery ladies assured me they would keep him away from the two other babies. (He's usually in nursery alone!! There happened to be two visitors that day.) I was feeling nasty, coughing, sneezing and nasty sinus pressure. So I took a nice long Sunday afternoon nap (thank you Josh for tending Clark during that time!!) and geared up for Sunday evening! The Jobels Korean choir gave a concert on Sunday night!! It was really great! They sang in English and Korean. There was a solo violinist too who was very good! We really enjoyed it--it was so encouraging to just sit back and soak in the music. :) Clark did well in nursery in the evening--AND the service was nearly two hours long!!
MONDAY: Today I still don't feel 100%, and Clark is starting to really grab at his ears. :( I'm avoiding taking him back to the doctor because they will just give me more antibiotics and I want to avoid putting him on those as much as possible. IF he was super miserable (like he was two weeks ago) then I would take him in a heartbeat. But he doesn't complain about it, he's just super snotty and he'll grab his ears. Last night I made a list of goals for myself for this week. So today I did Clark's laundry, cleaned the powder room, practiced violin, and....that's it. Hahaha! I wanted to give myself ATTAINABLE goals!! hahaha Okay so I'm going to do one chore each day, practice violin each day, devotions, read through "King's Cross" by Timothy Keller, and also work on Clark's "tricks." I want him to do "so big", say mama, and clap his hands in the near future so those are his goals for now. I think it will take him more than one week. :) Anyway one thing of note from today was Clark took a 2 1/2 hour afternoon nap!!!! YAY!!! That hasn't happened in weeks!! Very exciting. And also, he gives wonderful open-mouth kisses so as I was receiving one tonight (I also had my mouth slightly open...) he accidentally threw-up. In my mouth. AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! It was so nasty. To say the least!!!! But he was very apologetic and embarrassed so I got over it quickly. :)
Here are some pictures from this past week:
Mimi made this cross-stitch for Clark for Christmas: I hung it up on Thursday!
I had misplaced his hat on Tuesday so we got creative with this lovey: hahaha





1 comment:
wow you have just been super busy! (and clark too - he really needs to get working on those goals!) I hope you are feeling better.... and clark too :( These winter months can really be a bummer with illnesses. and i love the cross stitch! so neat! Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment