Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Weaning/Scooting

On Monday Clark and I braved the wind and cold and went to Walmart. Clark was all out of Zantac! I had called in the prescription so I was thinking it would be a short trip. Well when I got there they said my insurance won't cover it until 12/26. (Long story.) So we would have to pay $40. I called Josh and he suggested we give it a couple days and if Clark is absolutely miserable we will just pay the $40. When we got home I decided it might be a good time to try weaning Clark. The pediatrician said when he is weaned his reflux will go away, he is a really good eater, and he takes a bottle really well. The only problem I saw was formula may give him the same reflux that breastmilk does. Well I thought it was worth a shot.

So for the past two days I have only been breastfeeding him before bed and if he wakes up in the early morning hours (like five or six o'clock). And so far (besides my own discomfort), it has been going really well!! He hasn't been spitting up or crying with the formula. And he didn't cry when I breastfed him so far. The real test will come in the next couple days--when the Zantac is completely out of his system.

In other news! Clark scooted around in his crib today! He was sitting up and had some toys in front of him and he kept accidentally knocking them out of reach. Before I knew it he had scooted about two feet! Very exciting! I'll try to get a video of it!

I'll end this post with some pictures and videos:
Clark loooooves his reflection :)


Fun in the loft at the end of the day:

this is Clark's new favorite toy!!  He puts the tail of this purple whale in his mouth and chews on it.  Sometimes he just holds it in his mouth--no hands!!  It's hilarious!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Caldwell said...

hehe, looks like he's smoking that whale like a pipe! :)

ryan & amy said...

Great news about the reflux! I understand insurance not covering it. Let me, you upped his dose on your own so consequently you ran out before the 30 days? :)
What a hassle!

Kelly said...

hahaha Elizabeth it looks exactly like a pipe!!!

Amy--yes, we had increased his dosage and the pharmacy put a lower one on his latest bottle of Zantac. :( I tried to get them to change it at the time but they wouldn't do it. Very frustrating!!! Anyway I feel bad weaning him so early but he's doing really well.