Thursday, December 15, 2011

Urology is vague

Okay I know I need to do a birthday post for Josh but I'm behind!! I just want to update on Clark's appointment that was today because many of you were praying. We saw the CHOP urologist at the Exton office this afternoon. Josh was able to get off work and come with me so that was awesome! I was hoping the doctor would have a strong opinion about what we should do. Instead he was exactly the opposite! He said we could leave it be or do surgery--it could go either way. Surgery would be purely cosmetic. There is nothing wrong with leaving him the way he is. So needless to say we are still deciding. One of the deciding factors was to see if we could get his surgery done before our insurance changes (so before the end of the year). That is not possible because the doctor is booked then he has off work at the end of the year. Anyway keep praying!! We are not sure what to do. Of course I do not want him to have surgery (having him go "under" with general anesthesia makes me nervous). But this is not about how I feel, it's about what is best for Clark. The doctor did say we have until he is two or three years old--he said if we decide to do surgery we should definitely get it done while he's super young so he can't remember it. But I don't want to have this hanging over our heads for the next two years! Anyway thank you for praying! At this point we don't know what to do but we are praying that God would make it known. Thank you!

No comments: