Wednesday Clark woke up with a cold. He had a runny nose and eyes. He wasn't coughing so that was good! Overall he was in good spirits, just kinda snotty. We played a lot of music throughout the day. I have a big fat book of "Classical favorites" that we are working through. He sits in the exersaucer or glider while I play. I think he enjoys it :)
After lunch on Wednesday we stopped by Mimi's house to say hi. (Sometimes it's a litttttle boring at home all day!) While we were there Pops came by and Clark lit up like a lightbulb!! I don't know what it is but Clark really likes Pops :) He definitely likes men better, that's for sure. It's so funny! I remember Calla being so scared of men. Or maybe that was KC...haha whatever! When we got back from Mimi's I tried putting Clark down for a nap but he only slept for 40 minutes. Weird! I figured if he wasn't going to sleep he could help with dinner. So he cheered me on from the exersaucer while I tried one of Aunt Katelyn's recipes: Chicken with an Apple Cream Sauce. We had it over rice pilaf with a side of corn. YUM!! After dinner Clark was super tired because he had been awake for three hours. We gave him a quick bath and tucked him in bed.
Thursday Clark woke up miserable. He looked awful too! He slept really well all night (only waking up once at 4am to eat!) so I was thinking he was feeling better. But that was definitely not the case. He took a shorter morning nap, about 45 minutes. Then I took him over to Grandpa and Grandma's for some fun while I went to a prayer meeting at church. This week is our church's "Week of Prayer" so every day people get together and pray at various homes. There was a prayer session from 12-1pm at the church so I decided to attend that one instead of an evening service. It was great. I sat with Mrs. Frey. :) Anyway when I got to back to Grandpa and Grandma's, they had a glowing report about Clark! He did really well. I was so glad! Grandma made me an awesome sandwich (yum!!!!) and Clark ate some applesauce then we went home for his afternoon nap.
He took an awesome two-hour nap and I was able to take a nap too! When I woke up I realized it had started raining. No wonder we both slept so well! :) We played some music again this afternoon while waiting for Josh to get home. After a while Clark got hungry so I fed him while getting our dinner ready (leftovers). Clark started out eating parsnips but I soon realized they needed to be further pureed. So I ended up giving him pears and blueberries. I figured when you're sick, fruit is the best medicine! :)
After dinner we got him ready for his bath and Josh noticed Clark was really warm. I had taken his temperature before dinner and it was 99. We decided to take it again after the bath. Well we ended up with three readings: 101.9, 100.4 and 101.5. We have acetaminophen but we didn't know how much to give him. We decided to call the pediatrician. I didn't think anything was terribly wrong because he was smiling and pleasant. The peds didn't call back right away so I called Aunt Amy--our resident doctor!! :) She has a dosage chart so she gave me the correct dosage for his weight. Soon after the peds called back and gave me the same advice Amy had given, and the same dosage. She also said to check his temperature again in an hour and call back if it hadn't gone down. Well by this point Clark was cranky and ready for bed. I decided if he was feeling poorly he would wake up again. I didn't want to put him to sleep then wake him up in an hour to take his temp! As it turned out he slept from 7pm to 5am!! Sounds like the meds worked. :)
Clark had some after-dinner fun in his high chair Thursday night:


2 comments:
I wonder if Clark is teething? He is the opposite of Haley, she has been sleeping bad at night and taking wonderful naps!
How did the Chicken in an Apple Cream Sauce turn out? I just made it on Thursday night! We love it (thanks Katelyn!!). I"m sorry Clark is feeling sick- hope he feels better soon!
Post a Comment