On Friday morning Clark and I were supposed to be at a playdate. Unfortunately all three of the kids who were also going to be there were also sick!! So technically we could have met anyway, but the moms decided to wait until Monday morning. Hopefully everyone will feel better by then. :) Friday was actually a miserable day for Clark so it's good we rescheduled the playdate. I noticed when he woke up that his head and face weren't super hot anymore so I figured his fever was gone. Before his first nap he was just so sad! He didn't want to eat much breakfast and he wasn't happy in the glider or exersaucer. So I just held him for awhile, we sang some songs together, then I nursed him and put him down for a nap. He was very happy to hit the pillow as it were, but only slept for a little under an hour.
When he woke up he was much much happier. We played music, straightened up the house a bit, and had some giggles. He had a nice lunch then went down for his afternoon nap. Again, he didn't sleep very well but woke up happy. As the day progressed I realized he was getting warmer and warmer. So I took his temperature again in the afternoon and it was back up to 101.5. He took another dose of acetaminophen, but was still warm at bedtime. Again, his temperature was 101.5 and it had been four hours so we gave him another dose. He didn't sleep well overnight. Josh soothed him back to sleep at 10:30, then I fed him at 12:30. He then slept until 5 then woke up for the day at 8:15ish. And again he felt cooler so we didn't take his temperature in the morning.
So Saturday morning we got him dressed in his Villanova gear! He wanted to wear his cowboy hat too because it matched!! :)
In the middle of the morning we decided to move him from the kitchen to the family room. He was surprised to be "flying" in his exersaucer hahaha
Clark stayed home all day Saturday to recover and it worked!! He didn't have a temperature all day!! He took wonderful naps--including an almost three hour nap this afternoon! I was able to get out of the house and go to the Elverson Antique Show in the morning and to the Exton Mall in the afternoon. THANK YOU JOSH for taking over at home so I could get some fun time away!!!! It was very refreshing. I was with Aunt Kim and Mimi! We had a blast!!
Here are some videos from the other day:
Clark tries sitting up again:
Listen closely as he falls over.....
did you catch that little "toot"? :) hehe
here we are trying to get him to laugh:
and here he's laughing really hard!
4 comments:
This was a great post, Kelly! Glad he is feeling better. I think the video of him laughing is soooo cute! Surprisingly, I see more Josh in him (especially in the flying exersaucer picture!). He can totally pull off that hat. It's adorable!!!
i LOVE that laughing video!!! how can you not laugh at the sound of a baby laughing?! and I agree with Amy... lately I have been noticing more of a Josh-looking baby. :) Although I DO think that most of the time he has looked like you!
Villanova? I thought Josh went to Cedarville and you went to Wheaton. Does Josh have his masters from there? Also, can't wait to see you guys in a WEEK!!!
Yes, Josh got his masters from Villanova. I'm so excited for next week!! Yay!!
Post a Comment