Clark has a surprise for everyone!!!
Yay success!! Finally his core is sufficiently strong. :) That happened tonight. But let me back-up to Sunday.
Sunday morning I played in church so Josh stayed home with Clark because little boo was still a bit under the weather. After church I had lunch with Mom, Dad and Caleb--that was fun! When I got home Clark seemed to be feeling better. He took a nice afternoon nap and woke up in time for an early dinner then we all headed out to choir rehearsal. Our church is doing a cantata this year with my Mom directing and we wanted to be involved. Clark came along and sat in his bouncer during the rehearsal. He did great!
A Nigerian missionary named Gideon was sharing his testimony at the evening service so Josh attended and I stayed with Clark in the lobby until he was melting down and it was time to take him home. (Incidentally Gideon was lodging at my parents' house during his stay.) I was able to hear some of the testimony, which was really cool! Gideon was part of a gang in Nigeria and the police were cracking down on the gang members. Both of Gideon's best friends were gang members and gunned down by the police. Gideon knew he was going to be next and he was afraid of going to hell. There was a certain preacher who would come through his town so Gideon went up to him and said he wanted to hear the preaching. The preacher was afraid for his life because he knew Gideon was a gang member. But Gideon reassured him and the preacher realized he was serious! So he preached the gospel to him and Gideon was saved!! Then Gideon went through the town and into the "bush" where the gang members were and preached to everyone! He said everyone thought he was crazy. Later on he was able to attend Westminster Theological Seminary in PA!! Pretty cool. Anyway now he ministers back in his country. Praise the Lord!
Today Clark and I had a fun morning. We went to a playdate at my cousin Holly's house! My friend Elisha was also there. It was so great to have some time outside the house with other moms!! When we got home Clark went right down for a nap but he only slept 30 minutes. I gave him lunch when he woke up and he got tired about an hour later--which I expected since his nap was so short. His second nap was about 90 minutes, that's better! We played some music this afternoon--I was working on some Christmas songs on my violin. Clark didn't seem to mind hearing Christmas music even though Thanksgiving isn't even here yet! :) He ended up taking a short third nap which kept him happy through dinner. It makes such a big difference when he gets that third nap in! After dinner Josh left for a congregational meeting at church. I gave Clark a bath then tucked him into bed. He cried for awhile...I think maybe he wasn't tired yet, although he was acting tired before I put him down! I don't know, I feel guilty though. Oh well, I ended up popping his paci after awhile and he went right to sleep after that.
Here are some more pictures of Clark sitting up!
1 comment:
Good job Clark!!! Love, Mimi
Post a Comment