Yesterday was a fun Halloween! As soon as Clark woke up, he ate breakfast then we headed out the door to visit Pop-pop and Mom-mom Moffit! Besides being Halloween, it was Pop-pop Moffit's 85th birthday! Wow! When we got to Brittany Pointe, we met up with Amy and her three youngest (Annie, Andrew and Molly), Abby and her boys (Josh and Josiah) and Mom. Andrew was dressed up as a farmer, Josh was Curious George and Josiah was George's banana! hahah so funny! And Clark was a jack-o-lantern (or a Clark-o-lantern as we like to say :). Andrew had these cute overalls on and he had his hands stuck in his pockets--it reminded me of Caleb when he was little :) Anyway we hung out for over an hour because leaving around noon. Here's a picture of the "birthday boy" with Clark:
On the way home I decided to look up a Chick-fil-a in the GPS so I could pick up lunch. As it was directing me, I realized the roads sounded really familiar! We were only 5 miles from Josh's work!! So I called him up and sure enough, he had the same idea. So we quick stopped at a Burger King (a word to the wise: do not go through a fast-food drive-through at noon. Everyone else will be there too.) then found our way to good ole McNeil Consumer Healthcare of Fort Washington. It is such a large facility! They have a gym, company store, and even a daycare! On Halloween all the daycare kiddos walk around and collect candy from each department. So when Clark and I got there we didn't feel silly in our costumes--there were other kiddos dressed up too! :) Josh just beamed with pride while introducing Clarkle to all his coworkers. And he was such a big hit! He smiled at everyone and glad-handed all the high-rollers haha. Here's a picture of them in Josh's office:
Josh's coworkers are SOOO nice!! And it was great to put a face with all the names I know. It was fun to meet his office-mate Kelly--she just got married in February of 2010 and has lots of nieces and nephews so she was definitely a doting "aunt" to Clark. :) I also got to meet Pat, a young guy about Josh's age who always texts Josh during Eagles' games. Pat's little cubicle has a big Eagle's schedule in it :) And I also met Tom, who just had a baby named Thomas Charles and they call him "Charlie" (hopefully he doesn't have a biting problem like another Charlie I've seen on youtube...). Today was Tom's first day back at work and he was just glowing! I asked him if the transition to fatherhood has been tough and he replied, "I'm just so in love!!" Isn't that adorable?!
Anyway we stayed at J&J for awhile--Clark even ate his peas lunch there! I nursed him discreetly (much to Josh's horror, don't worry his office door was closed! he was just paranoid Kelly would come in) then we headed home. I would love to visit again. I'm thinking maybe on Josh's birthday!
After we got home Clark took a measly nap--about 45 minutes :( And I tried getting dinner together while juggling him. Josh came home to dinner half-made with me shoveling food in Clark's mouth to keep him happy. Poor guy was so out of sorts. He definitely cheered up though after eating a substantial amount (two full gerber containers of sweet potatoes!!). After dinner Mimi stopped by to say Happy Halloween. Clark was so happy to see her! :) She left for Texas today so she wanted to say bye. It was good to see her. I feel like even though we live five minutes apart, we never see each other!! She's a busy lady.
We had a lot of trick-or-treaters tonight!! It was such a cold night...I don't envy all those freezing cold parents! Soon that will be me...oh boy! Here are some pictures that I took of Clark, plus that hilarious video:
I put these pumpkins out with Clark..he was determined to eat one! Josh reprimanded me for giving him styrofoam to chew on haha
1 comment:
Clark look soooo cute in his costume! I love the video too. How is sleep training going?!
Post a Comment