Sunday, October 30, 2011

Clark continues his schooling

The picture above is of Clark hanging out as Josh and I made dinner on Saturday night :)

Friday night went very well! Clark woke up at 12:30am, Josh soothed him back to sleep, then he woke up at 3:30am and I fed him.  He woke again at 6:15am but then fussed back to sleep and then woke up for the day around 9:30am!  I'm not complaining!!  I didn't nurse him right before bed, instead I gave him formula to see if the added calories would help him sleep.  Well I should have pumped before bed!!  Instead I woke up at 3:30am with a super sore clogged milk duct.  I put a heating pad on it after nursing him, but it still didn't go away.  I woke up with it still hurting at 9:30am.  I tried putting heat on it all day but I didn't nurse or pump as much as I should have (Carly told me later on in the day that when a milk duct is clogged you should pump or nurse every two hours!!  With Clark on solids I only nurse him every four hours.).  Anyway it stayed clogged alllll day and into the evening.  Finally when I was nursing him at 1:30am on Sunday, I could feel it go down!  Whew!  That was a long battle.  I'm going to be much more careful from now on!  A clogged duct can easily turn into mastitis!  Yuck!  The rest of his Saturday night went well--he woke up again at 6:45am and I nursed him because I didn't want the clog to come back..plus I didn't know how much I would be able to nurse him at church.  But back to Saturday...

Anyway our Saturday was nice and relaxing.  I played violin for Queen for a Day at church--which is always a wonderful, fulfilling time.  I really enjoy it.  Josh watched Clark and also watched the snow fall!  How crazy!  We got almost six inches.  I still need to get a picture of Clark out there in his first winter wonderland. :)  I was afraid the plows would wake Clark up on Saturday night but he slept right through it!

Sunday morning I was asked to lead the orchestra at church since Matt was away for the weekend.  It went really well except only four people showed up to play!  A lot of people had lost power and there were a lot of downed limbs blocking roads.  That's okay, it was a nice small group.  The worship service was planned special for Reformation Sunday.  It was a neat service.  Unfortunately I missed the sermon because little Clarkle was sad in the nursery.  He had a weird schedule this morning with church and he was just tired.

This afternoon has been relaxing...aaahhh weekends!  I spent some time researching paintings for our house (Caleb, feel free to paint one for us!!!! :).  I loooove Peter Sculthorpe at www.petersculthorpe.com.  He is similar to Richard Bollinger with sharp lines and contrast.  I would love to get a winter-themed picture for over our fireplace.  The one we have definitely looks nice for all seasons but it would be fun to have a winter one.  Maybe for Christmas?? (Josh: HINT!!! haha)

I spent some time playing on the floor with Clark this afternoon and decided to get some pictures.  He LOVES playing with his little blue truck.  He picks it up and gnaws on it, makes a funny face (it probably tastes nasty) then it rolls out of his reach, so I roll it back to him and we repeat.  For about twenty minutes.  It's exciting that he's starting to play. :)

trying to get a grip on the truck!

his classic expression: "mild surprise"


"Mama, I'll trade you this toy for that camera..."

staying balanced while playing can be tricky!

I noticed that the church nursery has a specific cubby just for Clark: 


And that's all for today!  I hope you're all doing well!  Tomorrow is Pop-pop Moffit's 85th birthday so Clark and I are joining Mom, Amy, Abby and their kiddos at Brittany Pointe to wish him well.  We're bringing a card and some pictures of Clark for their room. :)  Should be a happy Halloween!!

No comments: