Last night Clark slept very well. He went down around 7:30 then woke up to eat at 3:30 then 7:00. It helped that he was up early because we had a contractor coming at 9. Clark woke up from his first nap right when the contractor walked in the door so he and I missed all the excitement! We are getting our window in our master bedroom fixed. As it turned out the contractor came for fifteen minutes today and is going to come back another time to fix it. After the guy left Josh watched Clark while I went over to the post office to mail a birthday gift to the latest arrival: Leyton Andrew Tidwell! Congrats to Tiffany and Andrew!! (I have no idea if they read this blog! Haha!) When I got back I put Clark down for his second nap. Josh and I ate lunch while he slept. He woke up around 1pm so I fed him then we packed him into the car and went for a drive. It was very relaxing! Clark's third nap happened sometime in the car. We got home around 3:30 so we played with Clark for a short time before he was ready for his fourth nap. He slept for about an hour and woke up around 5:15. I fed him while Josh made dinner--steaks on the grill! Yum! Then we ate with Clark in the glider then the bouncer. Around 6:30 he was getting cranky so we gave him a quick bath and tucked him into bed! Well he's still awake and kicking down there and it's been thirty minutes! I know he was tired because he skipped his fifth nap. Maybe he was overtired? Also there was just a loud thunderstorm so that probably kept him up. Anyway Josh is taking a turn popping his paci and keeping an eye on him.
Well the reflux is still an issue. Most of his feedings today involved crying and back arching as well as coughing and sputtering. However he didn't spit up nearly as much. I called the pediatrician and they said to give the new Zantac dose a full week before determining if it's ineffective or not. Oh well! I really hope it kicks in. I keep him elevated for five or ten minutes after feeding him and that sort of helps. Sometimes he is crying so much that he doesn't get much to eat then I end up feeding him an hour later! That's what happened tonight--he ate at 5:15 then again at 6:15.
In case you are wondering why Josh wasn't at work today, he had a summer Friday. Let me tell you he earned it this week! He came home thirty to forty-five minutes late each day then last night he got home late then worked at home until 12:50am!!
Okay that's all for now. I hope everyone is doing well!
2 comments:
Yay for steak - kudos to Josh!! Yummm
Long work days for Daddy mean LOOOONNNNGGG days for Mommy!! Summer Fridays are a reward for all! :)
Post a Comment