Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Aaand the reflux continues...

Last night went much better than Monday night. I remember reading that when the baby is sleepy the reflux is not as bad because he nurses slower. Clark only nursed once overnight (aaaahhh so nice!!) and he only fussed a little, not even enough to wake up Josh! Then in the morning he nursed at 8am and I gave him Zantac right away. He fussed minimally while nursing throughout the day, but he spit up quite a bit. Then when I fed him at 7:30 before bed he really really really cried!!! I had given him Zantac around 6pm so I'm not sure why he was crying so much except that I remember reading that reflux gets worse at night. Anyway he wore himself out with the crying and fell right to sleep afterwards. I will call the pediatrician tomorrow about possibly increasing his dosage again. (Yesterday the doctor said to call if he keeps crying while eating.)

Today was pretty low-key. Clark didn't take good naps, his first one was twenty minutes, second one was forty-five, third was an hour, then the fourth was back down to forty-five. His fifth nap was choppy. He woke up after fifteen minutes then I soothed him back to sleep and he lasted about twenty more minutes. In spite of the bad naps, we went on a walk and Clark had some fun playing sessions with vigorous kicking and lots of cooing! He is getting more interactive every day. It's very fun!

That's all for today!

No comments: