Monday, April 30, 2012

Wedding Weekend!

the lovely wedding party:
 at the reception:

leaving the church:

meanwhile...back at the ranch...Clark drinks out of his favorite Princess cup:

crashes for a nap in Mimi's comfy crib:

learns about Lucky Charms from Uncle Caboo:

and goofs off with Aunt Kim:

We started off the weekend around 2:00PM when we drove into Philly to the lovely Westin Hotel.  I tried to hold my tongue while we circled the block for parking and decided on an underground public parking garage right next to the hotel.  It turned out to be about $40 cheaper than the hotel valet parking.  Yes, Josh was right.  (Make a note of it.)  Anyway after making our way up to the street level, we had just enough time to check into the hotel, drop our bag off in the room and use the bathroom, before taking off again for the church.  And it was about this time that I realized I forgot our camera. :(  BIG BUMMER!!! :(  Anyway, the church was about five blocks away and with the beautiful weather, it was a very nice walk.  We arrived at the church at 3:30PM where I rehearsed with the pianist (Dr. Paul Jones...AMAZING!!!) while Josh gabbed with the other groomsmen.  

The rehearsal started around 4:00PM and we were done by 4:40PM!  It was the most relaxed rehearsal ever!  And very refreshing, I might add.  I'm used to 2-3 hour rehearsals so you can imagine my delight when we finished so "early"!!  The rehearsal dinner was to start at 6PM and the restaurant was two blocks from our hotel.  So Josh and I decided to stop by there first and drop off my violin.  It worked out perfectly!  We dropped it off, used the bathroom again, freshened up a bit, and headed out to dinner.  It was at Del Frisco steakhouse.  THE best steak Josh and I have ever had!!  The room was a private party room downstairs in what used to be a bank safe.  So the door was very impressive (since it was basically a vault door!!).  So cool!!  Josh and I sat with three other groomsmen, the pastor, and the groom's parents!!  We felt very lucky to be seated at the host and hostess's table!  Unfortunately I was feeling pretty sick with a nasty cold and I was rapidly losing my voice.  It was pretty embarrassing.  Josh went out with some groomsmen after dinner and I went back to the hotel.  I took some meds and watched TV, just relaxing in that big king size bed until Josh joined me.  I slept so well in that bed!  

The next morning we woke up at 8am.  We got all ready for the wedding, packed our belongings, and checked out of the hotel.  Then we loaded up the car before walking over to the church.  Once we were at the church I ate breakfast (unfortunately I had forgotten my breakfast in the car so I didn't get a chance to eat it until we got to the church, but it worked out because we were super early).  I warmed up on the violin and Josh met up with the groomsmen.  The wedding started promptly at 11am.  I played Meditation from Thais for the mothers' entrance.  It was so surreal playing in Tenth Presbyterian Church!  I loved every minute of it.  After the vows and rings I played Salut D'Amor by E. Elgar as a special music number (I played this piece from the balcony).  I looooove that song. :)  My new favorite!!  Josh did an amazing job as a groomsman, of course. :)  He was so hott in that tuxedo!!  

After the ceremony, we stuck around for pictures, then we walked over to the reception hall with the rest of the groomsmen.  Upon arriving, the wedding party took more pictures and the guests enjoyed hors d'oeuvres.  The reception was beautiful!  It was at the Union League on Broad Street.  They served us a brunch buffet and then later, after the cake cutting, they offered a dessert buffet and, of course, cake.  The music was a live jazz band--they were excellent!  The bride and her father danced, and the bride and groom danced, but then no one else really caught on so I'm not sure if they wanted us to or not.  I didn't want to be the only one out there!  Plus I was pretty dizzy so I didn't know how long I would have lasted anyway.  

We left the reception around 4:00PM and stopped at Men's Wearhouse to return Josh's tux on the way home (genius idea, Josh!)  So we picked up Clark from my parents' house around 5:30PM.  He was so happy to see us, although he did say what a wonderful time he had with Mimi, Pops, Uncle Caboo and Aunt Kim, and he was going to miss staying there! :)  THANK YOU to all who helped with him over the weekend!!!!  I know Grandma and Grandpa stopped by on Saturday too--thank you!!!!  We had total peace of mind knowing he was in very good hands! 

Sunday ended up being a total bust for Clark and I.  By Saturday night I was totally out of commission with no voice, dizziness, no appetite, just overall nastiness.  I called the worship leader and told him I wouldn't be able to play in church the next morning and went to bed at 7:45PM.  And I slept for 12 hours!!  You know you're sick when that happens!  (Well, when it happens to me..:).  Josh went to church and Clark and I slept the morning away.  I definitely needed it.  I stayed in my jammies all day and helped with Clark as much as I could.  Josh was so awesome and took care of him most of the day so I didn't have to--even though the Flyers were playing in the afternoon!!  He's the best!!  

And that was our weekend :)

4 comments:

Elizabeth Caldwell said...

so sorry you're sick! I'm so impressed with Josh though- you know he is a dedicated father if he's willing to give up the Flyers! :) hope you feel better soon.

ryan & amy said...

The wedding sounds like it was so much fun. That's really neat that you got to play at Tenth Pres!!!!

Katelyn and David said...

I was wondering what you were doing while we were hanging out with Clarkle! Love, Mimi

Katelyn and David said...

Why does Mom's post say it is us? Mimi do you have our gmail account...