Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Clark entertains Mrs. Frey

Over the past two days Clark has been feeling progressively better!  We are giving him Tylenol whenever he starts grabbing his ears--and today that wasn't until 6pm!  So that's a huge improvement.  Here's a picture of him from Tuesday morning:  


And here's a video of him from this evening:  huge difference!

This morning I put Clark down for an early nap.  He slept from 9:30-10:30 then I packed him up and we headed out.  We picked up Mimi and headed over to Mrs. Aurelie Frey's house.  Mimi and I played a mini-concert for her since she is basically a shut-in now.  She still comes to church but it's hard for her to get out of the house during the week.  It was a huge blessing to Mimi and I to play for her!  I just really enjoy doing that.  Mrs. Marla Frey, Mr. Don Frey, cousin Olivia (Mrs. Frey's nurse) and Grandma (Mrs. Frey's close friend) were all there.  I was hoping Clark would be on his best behavior--and he was!!  He sat on a blanket (or on Grandma's lap :) for an entire hour and just played.  Then we took a break for lunch and he played contently again.  Marla Frey had made a fresh fruit cup, salad, crab quiche, pumpkin and apple muffins and chocolate angel food cake for dessert!!  It was a delicious! After lunch we played a couple more songs before leaving.  Clark was still happy!!  It was a total of 3 hours that he just hung out.  I just thank God so much for that.  After we were done playing, Mr. Frey showed us some of Mrs. Frey's paintings (before her brain surgery, she was quite the artist!).  Every Monday her neighbor comes over and helps her paint again.  It's really neat!  She let Mom and I each pick one to take home.  I found the perfect white frame for mine!  (You can see the reflection of my chandelier in the top of the picture.)

I'm planning on hanging it in the powder room--it matches really well.  Overall it was a wonderful time and Mimi and I emphasized to Marla Frey that we would love to do it again sometime!  Everyone just commented over and over at how cute and happy Clark is!  Grandma said she can't believe he is the same baby that used to just cry and cry at her house.  It is pretty amazing how much he's changed--for the better!! 

After we got home Clark went down for a nap.  I did some reading then took a nap too.  After he woke up we played for awhile until Josh got home.  We had dinner and Clark ate pretty well.  He was getting tired by this point so we gave him a bath and got him ready for bed.  We've been putting some vapor rub on him at bedtime to help clear his nose.  Plus the humidifier is running almost nonstop!  I'm hoping it doesn't spontaneously combust from running so much!  (Josh tells me that isn't possible...but for some reason I think about it pretty often haha.)

So now he's tucked into bed and I have some housework to catch up on.  I hope you're all having a great week!

1 comment:

Carly (Calla, Kelsey & Jay's Mom) said...

I was talking to Mimi today about Clark and she was bragging on and on about him. She couldn't believe how wonderful he did today. He just loves his mommy's music!! Ps that lunch sounded amazing!!!!