The new year has been highly eventful so far! First Josh, then I, then Clark caught a cold! My and Clark's colds have been lingering for over a week. I've been hacking up a lung recently and then over the last three days Clark has joined me. It's a bit more disconcerting when a 7-month-old is hacking like that! He also had a fever during those days. Tylenol would help it subside but then it would come back again the next day. However through it all he was still fairly happy.
Until Thursday. I made an appointment at 11am and I'm so glad we went!! He ended up being really clingy and whiny in the morning and by the time we were at the pediatrician's office he was crying for no reason. The nurse took his temperature and it was 101.8. He weighed in at 19 pounds (we left his diaper and onesie on though). While we were waiting for the doctor I tried feeding him a bottle. He drank about one ounce before batting it away and fussing. Dr. Watson came in a couple minutes later and checked him out. She said he has a double ear infection, sinus infection, and should be cutting his two bottom teeth very soon! I was surprised that he had a double ear infection since he hadn't been swatting at his ears at all.
Until we got home! Then I noticed him grabbing his ears and just generally whining for the rest of the day. Poor guy!! He ended up taking four naps throughout the day because he was just feeling so sick! Dinnertime rolled around and I was hoping Clark would eat better. He had to be hungry! He had a tiny bit of fruit for breakfast and some oatmeal for lunch! And he wasn't enthusiastic about his bottles in between. So I started shoveling Gerber's chicken and rice into him and about three quarters of the way through he was really whining so I figured he was done. I took his bib off and he had a coughing fit. And proceeded to vomit all the chicken and rice out all over his clothes (which OF COURSE was one of my very favorite outfits of his!! now stained ORANGE even though I washed it twice right afterwards!). Poor Clark! I'm sure that really burned his little throat. Josh came home from work at 5:30 with Clark's antibiotics in tow (yay Daddy to the rescue!!). So we pumped some amoxicillin and tylenol into him then gave him a bath, took his temperature (103!!!) and tucked him in bed.
Aaaaand then he cried. So we took turns holding him until he was asleep! I am still coughing so I would be holding him and having coughing fits--not conducive to helping him fall asleep! So Josh graciously took over. He woke up after a couple hours and I popped his paci and now he's been sleeping for about two hours straight! I'm hoping he will sleep through the night. He needs to rest!
Here is a pic of Clark playing all alone after all his cousins left on Tuesday :(
Here we are at the doctor. It was a sad time! :)
And here's the brave Mr. Sniffles right before the vomiting incident...



1 comment:
What a sad day for Clark! Hopefully the antibiotics will help. Those days are long and hard for both baby AND parents! Hopefully he slept well last night! Poor little buddy.
Post a Comment