We got our Christmas tree on December 3rd. Fun memories!
big boy!
We had dinner at Grandma's on 12/15--here's Clark checking out the digital photo frame during his dinner:
Josh got this little bone at a Zyrtec event at work...I think it's a chew toy for a puppy...:)
happily playing!
I still need to take his seven-month picture. Woops!!
Well our schedule has been pretty packed lately! The first weekend in December I played a four-day Messiah gig at Valley Forge Christian College. It was a super fun gig and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to play! That same week we traded in my Scion xA for a Honda CR-V. I am so grateful!! Clark and I are so much safer in a bigger car. I would get so nervous driving that Scion. And I'm glad to have a 4WD vehicle during the snowy months (if that snow ever comes this year....).
On Friday 12/9 I played in the Aleithia Christmas concert. I taught music at Aleithia for three years. I reconnected with them to play two pieces and I'm so glad I could do that! It was fun to see the kids again. The next day was the Women's Christmas Social at my church. I'm on the Women's Committee as well and was asked to provide music and meditation for that morning. I really enjoyed putting the program together! My cousin Katie read Scripture and my friend Elisha signed the words. I played four pieces on my violin and then sang two. It was a very meaningful time and once again, I was so happy for the opportunity. Coleen Garner gave a talk about the first Christmas and dealing with trials and happiness during Christmas. It was a wonderful balance between rejoicing at Christ's birth and identifying with those who are suffering this time of year.
The following week was Mimi's birthday on 12/13. Grandma invited us over on 12/14 for a dinner for Mimi. Josh had an office Christmas party that day and got home early so we were able to be at Grandma's around 5pm. Clark ate before everyone got there, which worked out really well because then he played while we ate. The next day (12/15) was Mom-mom's birthday! We called her to say Happy Birthday, and we were going to drop off her gift but unfortunately our schedules didn't line up. It was great to talk on the phone though! She had a busy birthday and ended up celebrating over the weekend instead. Then on Friday (12/16) I went to an office Christmas party at my old work in Pottstown. It was so much fun to see everyone! Thank you to Aunt Kim for watching Clark for over three hours while I was gone!!! On Saturday (12/17) Grandma and Grandpa watched Clark while Josh and I had a date. :) We went to Antonio's for lunch! It was so nice to just relax and chat together over a meal. Our mealtimes are usually disjointed since Clark doesn't enjoy sitting in his high chair for very long. In the afternoon Aunt Kim and I went Christmas shopping. I got a lot done! I only have one person left...oops I'm cutting it close!! :) Then Sunday was church and cantata rehearsal in the afternoon. And that brings us to today! We are looking forward to this week of Christmas--it's such a special time for believers. Josh will be working all week but then he only works three days next week.
We hope you're all doing well! Enjoy this blessed Christmas week!!




1 comment:
Love the new Christmas-y blog look! :) So nice to see all the pictures and hear what you've been up to. You are a busy woman! Have a wonderful Christmas.
Post a Comment