unlike the rest of the world, Clark enjoys Mondays:
Monday turned out to be a great napping day for Clark. He got up around 9 and took a two hour nap from about 10:45 to noon. Then we had lunch, played music (well, Clark listened), then I put him down for his afternoon nap. Around that same time, Aunt Kim came over to babysit so I could attend a short meeting at church. She was here about an hour (THANK YOU!!!) and the meeting went really well. She said Clark didn't fall asleep right away, but she held him a bit when he was really crying, then set him down again and he fell asleep.
Anyway he took a shorter afternoon nap (only an hour) so I tried putting him down again but he would just lay awake in his crib. Finally, after he had been in his crib awake for about 45 minutes, he started crying, so I figured his naptime was over. Josh got home early (YAY!!!) and as he was playing with Clark, commented on how tired he seemed. So he decided to try putting him down for a third nap. I said, "good luck." Well wouldn't you know Clark went right to sleep!! I was so happy!!
So he slept about an hour and a half while I was making a meal for my friend Jen whose due date was Monday. The timing was perfect! Then Josh, Clark and I ate as a family after I got back from Jen's. I was afraid Clark would not be tired around his bedtime, but he actually was. After his bath we had devotions and then I read him several books to help him wind down. Well, even though he had only been awake for a hour and a half, he was ready to sleep--rubbing his eyes and arching his back and grunting. So I put him down and he closed his eyes without a peep! Maybe he wasn't feeling well? I don't know.
Anyway before his bath Josh called me into our room saying, "Clark is sitting up!!" He was sitting up for six seconds at a time! So I quick got out the camera....and here's what happened:
Clark tries sitting up...
Oh well! Maybe we'll capture it "on film" sometime soon :)

No comments:
Post a Comment