Okay so his five months pictures aren't his best...hahaha but his expression is pretty funny :)
So far, five months is treating Clark very well! Except that he's been sick...he was sick for the past twelve days or so. He is finally starting to feel better. Although his nose is running again...but it may be from teething. He DEFINITELY has two little bumps on his bottom rack! And he's drooling like crazy. I've resorted to putting bibs on him over his outfits. Yes he looks like a dweeb. BUT it saves me a lot of laundry. Who wants to have a wet shirt all day??
Clark is now eating three solid food meals a day. He wakes up around 9am (or earlier) and I take him straight down to his high chair where he has pears or some other fruit for breakfast. Then before his nap I nurse him and I'm working on getting him to sleep one or more hours in the morning. If he doesn't, I will nurse him again before "lunch." His lunch is usually sweet potatoes. Then I'll nurse him before his afternoon nap, which again, I am trying to stretch into two hours. Then I nurse him at least one more time before his dinner, which I feed him around 5:30 or 6. He usually eats a vegetable for dinner. His favorite so far is green beans. He is a great eater!! Never has he refused to eat something. The funniest thing is he usually boos during every meal. It is so funny!! I'll be feeding him and then all the sudden he'll start pushing and his face will get so red. It is hilarious!! At that point I usually eat my meal while he is "finishing" then I feed him more after he's done.
As far as his sleep training goes...I am so back and forth about it. There was one evening when Josh put him to bed and he "let him cry." But it was minimal--he wasn't hysterical, and Josh would check on him every ten minutes and pop his paci. It took over an hour but he did eventually fall asleep. The more stories I hear about how fast babies grow up, the more I want to hold him to sleep. The only thing is I know in my head that eventually I'll have to sleep train him. It may be easier for me to do it when he's older and understands the sentence "it's time to go to bed now." But it may be harder at that point because he could put up more of a fuss, and he could be reaching out of his crib for me. It's a hard call. I don't have a strong gut feeling either way. I definitely don't want to EVER feel guilty for what I am doing. I don't want to feel guilty as he's wailing away. But I don't want to develop bad habits and feel guilty about that. It's weird. I wish I had a strong conviction either way!!
Clark is much more smiley at five months. He will smile at strangers (!!) and especially for family members. I think Haley rubbed off on him during her visit!! :) Speaking of Haley, here are some pictures from when she and the Brusts were here:
Hahaha I love those pictures! I especially like the one of all three of them having tummy time!!
And lastly, here is a video from today with Clark enjoying his new Johnny Jump-up (thank you Mom-mom!!!!):
No comments:
Post a Comment