Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day weekend

Clark patrolling the kitchen in his exersaucer:

Hanging out at Mimi and Pops' house on Sunday while Mama napped at home:

"you talkin' ta me?"

 Tuesday night: Clark's first night in his crib! empty packnplay:

mid-morning snack: blue elephant

 at Mimi's: hanging out with Daddy on Labor Day:



playing in the froggy bouncer with his froggy outfit on:

Our little family had a fun Labor Day weekend!  Josh had his last "summer Friday" although he spent it working from home.  Aunt Kim and I took Clark shopping at the outlets.  He did very well!

On Saturday Josh was so inspired by Clark and I's great deals from Friday that he wanted to go to the outlets too! :)  So we headed back up there in the late morning and stayed until about 3pm.  Then we came home and took naps!  Well...Josh did.  Clark woke up after thirty minutes so I ended up with a power-nap.  Still good though...:)  Saturday night I went over to my Mom's to rehearse for a wedding we're playing on 9/10.

Sunday morning I was scheduled to play in the church orchestra so I got up early and got Clark ready for church (let's face it, he was up early too!!).  I headed over early and dropped him off at nursery.  Josh had a meeting during the Sunday school hour.  After the worship portion I listened to the sermon for about five minutes then my nursery pager went off.  Clark was hungry! :)  I had left a bottle for him but apparently he was refusing it.  And when I tried to feed it to him he refused it as well!  So frustrating!  I would alternate between slowly putting it in his mouth and just quickly shoving it in and he would gag each time.  Oh well!  So I just nursed him then put him to sleep.  He slept for about an hour an a half--just long enough for me to play during the worship of the second service and hear about twenty minutes of the sermon! haha  And he was hungry again...and refusing his bottle.  So I nursed him and by that time the service was over.  Because I had such a full morning and Clark didn't sleep well on Saturday night, Josh took Clark over to Mimi and Pops' house on Sunday afternoon so I could nap.  Ahhhh it felt soooo good!!! :)  

On Monday we had a relaxing morning then headed over to Mimi and Pops' house around 2:30PM for a Labor Day picnic!  Clark did okay although he was grumpy when anyone other than Josh or I held him. It's very frustrating!  Also kind of embarrassing...  He enjoyed some playtime in Mimi's exersaucer and also took two naps.  We all skyped with Aunt Carly and her kiddos too.  Mimi made some great food including herb potatoes, hamburgers, and corn on the cob and peach pie for dessert.  Josh made an asparagus salad.  Aunt Kim and Uncle Jon stopped by after dinner and Grandma and Grandpa stopped by before dinner!  It was so fun to see everyone!  We ended up leaving around 6:30pm.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

Megumi said...

Wow, Clark is getting so big. :D So cute!