Sunday, September 18, 2011

Daddy earns one million points with Mama!!

Saturday was a great day for me and Josh to get a lot done around the house!  Clark took amaaaazing naps (1 1/2 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon, then a third 1 1/2 nap in the late afternoon!!) which meant that I got a shelf hung in the powder room, the bathroom cleaned, dishes done, and Josh got the car vacuumed and also cleaned the bathroom floor!  Wheeeee! :)

Just so everyone knows, I am never posting about anything about Clark being a good sleeper again!!  Just about the time I posted that last week, Clark began this weird crying when we put him down for a nap.  He does a high-pitched, complaining whine with frequent voice-cracks and lots of tears.  It's very odd!!!  Also he doesn't like to be held to sleep either.  He will arch his back and spit his paci if I pick him up.  So I just leave him in the crib until he's practically hysterical, at which point he will let me pick him up and he falls asleep within two minutes.  IT'S SO WEIRD!!!  This does happen at night too unless he falls asleep when I was nursing him.  OR at night he will wake up when I lay him back down in his crib and he'll decide it's playtime.  That's not fun either.  But I prefer it to the high-pitched madness.

ANYWAY, Saturday afternoon Josh watched Clark while I went to a baby shower for my friend Jen.  She doesn't know the gender of her baby (actually it's a cute story because she and her husband couldn't decide if they wanted to find out the gender, then when I got to their 20-week ultrasound the baby wasn't  "cooperating" so they couldn't find out anyway!!) so the party was a Safari theme just like mine was!  Same paper plates, napkins and everything!  Very fun :)  I secretly hope she has a boy, but that's just because I love Clark so much.  If she has a girl I will definitely buy her a pink newborn outfit because it's true that a lot of "neutral" baby clothes look boyish.  Even the Safari bedding is more boy-like than girl.  Sorry to all girls!  It was a fun baby shower with great food.  Aunt Kim and I drove together which was fun.  We also bought her a present together--it was a "leaf" which is a type of swing but it's a little bigger than a bouncer.  It's a European brand that Uncle Jon designed, which is how Kim and I could purchase it.  Anyway Kim knew that Jen wanted one so she was thrilled to receive it!  Very fun :)

Saturday night Clark was crabby (WHAT???!!! haha) so he went to bed at 7:30.  Then he was up around 9, then 11!  SHEESH!  Actually I decided to just feed him both times because I wanted to "empty out" because....
Josh volunteered to get up with Clark alllll night so I could sleep!!!!!!  MAJOR POINTS for Josh!!!!!  I slept from 11:30 to 7:30!!!!!  It was aaaaaawesome!!  Needless to say I'm going to ask Josh to do this again for my Christmas present!!! hahaha  Josh was up with Clark at 2, then soothed him back to sleep at 3, then fed him again at 5, then got up with him at 7:30, which is when I woke up too.  Clark is back on the bottle and he did very well eating formula at 2 and 5.  He downed 4 ounces each time like a pro.  Josh said at 2am Clark was ready to play so he just left him to fall asleep on his own but ended up having to help him out around 3.  At 5am Josh had a strategy.  As soon as Clark was done with the bottle Josh burped him then popped his paci and rocked him a bit so he would fall completely asleep!  And it worked!  Excellent strategy!!

So I was up with Clark at 7:30, put him down for a quick nap at 9 and he woke up crying (which means he's still tired...ooops) at 9:45ish.  Well we had to get to church by 10:30! so instead of putting him back to sleep I changed his clothes and he watched me curl my hair.  He was definitely fussy but I thought he would fall right to sleep in nursery.  Well he lasted about twenty minutes before I was buzzed out of the service.  He was very cranky and his eyes were all red.  But of course I was trying to put him to sleep but he would just arch his back and complain!!  So I put him in the swing in the nursery and he seemed pretty chill.  Then I got to go back and listen to the entire sermon!!  During the closing hymn I was called out again.  I forgot to ask the workers if he slept at all, but he was definitely hungry so I just fed him and then we headed home.  He fell asleep on the way home and ended up sleeping about an hour.  Now he's asleep again and I'm hoping he'll sleep for two hours.  We'll see!  We really want to go to the evening service because the Rwanda team is sharing about their trip from this summer.

That's all for now!  Here are some pictures and videos:

We wake up slowly on Saturday mornings...here Clark was laughing on my pillow while Daddy was still waking up next to him :)

Sunday afternoon giggles with Daddy:

Sunday morning fun in the crib!

Sunday afternoon...supposed to be napping!  Too excited about the Flyers' preseason game on Tuesday...

4 comments:

Katelyn and David said...

It sounds like Clark is having a growth spurt, that is a lot to eat during the night! Haley had the same yellow chicken pajamas from the video, but in premie size, I used to make them into a gown with the snaps!

ryan & amy said...

I can't believe how big he is getting!! Love the flyers onesie! :)

Abby said...

That was so nice of Josh to watch Clark! Mark did something similar for me too... When (my) Josh was about a week old I was absolutely EXHAUSTED! So, he offered to watch him for the entire day and only brought him to me to eat. I would feed him in bed while Mark sat there. Then I would give him back and go back to bed! It was one of the nicest things he had ever done for me. I will never forget it. I'm sure you feel the same. :)

Kimberly said...

I noticed the shelf hanging up on Saturday but forgot to mention it - looked nice! It was fun to sit next to Clark briefly at church this evening. AH he's getting so fun! He'll need to get some good hanging out time with his Aunt Kim soon.