Clark has been having a rough week! He has gained enough weight that his reflux is starting to hurt him again. Today I took him to the doctor to get his dosage increased. He weighed in at 13 pounds, 1 ounce (!!) which still puts him in the 50th percentile. He was unhappy at the pediatrician because he napped on the way there then woke up hungry. I brought a bottle to feed him because it's really hard to nurse a reflux baby, much less in public! Anyway he cried and cried with the bottle but after about five minutes his name was called. I tried the bottle again while waiting for the doctor but again he cried. I think he didn't like that the formula was cold, plus it's hard for him to deal with the fast nipple when he has heartburn. Anyway the doctor increased his dosage but as of tonight he is still crying while feeding...more like screaming his head off!! It is extremely disconcerting, stressful and overall very scary to have him cry this much. I just hate that he is in pain! I cry right along with him! I'm hoping that the reason he is still crying is because maybe the increased dosage takes a couple hours to kick in? I don't remember how it went last time.
On the other hand, I must say that Clark is a champion sleeper! He falls asleep for naps with minor resistance now and he only wakes up twice during the night to eat! I am so grateful for that.
Anyway our week looks pretty open! Josh has off on Friday so we are looking forward to that. Also we are going up to Nazareth for Josh Yorgey's birthday party on Saturday so that will be fun!
We hope you are all doing well! I promise to do a better job with updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment